Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Dizzy when reading/watching TV/using computer
SunGreen posted:
About a week ago I was reading and suddenly felt a "head rush" - got very dizzy for a few seconds, then it passed. I don't think I had lifted my head or moved suddenly, it seemed to happen while I was looking at the page. Since then I've felt a little dizzy whenever I read, watch TV, or work at the computer for more than a few minutes at a time. If I close my eyes for a few minutes, I feel better. If I'm driving or working around the house, etc, I feel fine. I have no other symptoms and wonder if I need my eyeglass prescription changed. I do think I am having a little trouble seeing as well as I did, though it's not that bad. I haven't had an eye exam in about 6 years. I am going to make an appointment for an eye exam but wonder if I should see a physician as well?

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi SunGreen,

Welcome to the WebMD Communities! Sorry to hear about the dizziness you've been experiencing. I imagine that can be a little frightening.

Getting your vision checked sounds like a great start. However, I encourage you to see your PCP, as well. The dizziness could be something completely unrelated.

Here's an article on Lightheadedness and Vertigo that might be helpful. You might also ask your question on our Ear, Nose and Throat Community , since dizziness is sometimes related to inner ear or sinus issues.

I hope you find out what's going on. Please let us know how you're doing and what you find out!

~Andie

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.