Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
MRI Brain Scan
Recon4U posted:
The question I have is as follows: Should I be worried about the following that was found on the scan: Arachnoid Cyst Measuring 2.7 X 2.2 X 1.5 Cm

Emma_WebMD_Staff responded:
HI Recon4u,

This is a question that really should be asked of your doctor. No one on the internet can really tell you what you should be concerned with. I highly suggest you speak to your doctor about this finding. We do have an article on Arachnoid Cyst , that might help you a bit.

Good luck and please let us know what you find out!
Emma

Recon4U replied to Emma_WebMD_Staff's response:
then go ahead an delete it. Guess I came to the wrong forum.

Annie_WebMD_Staff replied to Recon4U's response:
Hi Recon4U,

You've come to the right place, our Welcome Center board community and moderators will try and assist you. Please do realize though that it isn't possible to be diagnosed over the internet as much as we wish that were possible, it's not.

At the current time we don't have a neurology community board but we can certainly point you to WebMD boards or content that may be helpful.

If you have had a MRI brain scan, can you tell us what the doctors are looking for medically? We may have a community that can be helpful to you. The community members on the
WebMD Multiple Sclerosis Community , the WebMD Migraines/Headaches Community and the WebMD Cancer Community have undergone brain scans as part of their diagnostic workup so they may also be able to help you interpret your scan.

Another thing that may be helpful is to keyword search your medical reports using the Google Scholar search engine as you can pull up peer reviewed medical literature that may be helpful to you before you talk to your doctors about your diagnostic tests.

Take care and let us know if we can be of further assistance to you!

- Annie
Sign up for our WebMD newsletters to get timely information delivered to your email inbox!

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.