Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Question regarding progestorone supplement
amshealth; posted:
I have been diagnosed with PCOS. My doctor said I should loose weight as it helps regulate periods in women with PCOS. She suggested me to start a exercise program and see if I can get my periods naturally by waiting 5 days days after the first day of my expected period. If I dont get a period then I should take the progestorne course. I have been exercising and so far lost 4 lbs of weight. But I have been seeing slight reddish brown discharge every day after the induced period ended.Is it because of the waiting or is it beacuse of exercise(I have been working out for 40 mins daily).

Take the Poll

IS it OK to wait till the first day of my expected period before taking progestorone supplement?
  • No
  • Yes
vote
View Poll Results

amshealth; responded:
Not sure if it helps, I am 5'5" and weigh 146lb.

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hiya and welcome,

Please call your doctors office and ask to be sure. He/she knows your health and health history and is best to ask about this.

Good luck and congrats on the weight loss already! Great work!
Good Luck and Good health, Chrissy WebMD Community Staff

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello and Welcome Amshealth,

Thanks for bringing your concerns to WebMD. We have a couple great communities, Women's Health Community and PCOS Community to offer support and help you with your questions. Check them out, you may want to repost for more member and possible expert response.

Also, our PCOS Directory may be helpful.

Hope you find answers soon,
Elizabeth

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.