Skip to content
, eaDepression
MIS1985 posted:
I'm currently depressed to the point where I'm constantly tired, sleepy, not eating and have episodes of anxiety attacks. This is the second time I've had depression, previously when I was 18 and now 25. I know I need help but money is a huge issue right now. Me and my husband are both working full-time. We live paycheck to paycheck. In February 2011 I was sent to the ERP for severe pain, had no insurance and now owe about $10,000 in medical bills. I'm doing small payments for each bill but add up to $150-200 dollars a month we barely have. I cannot get another job as my husband is also doing coaching trying to get extra money durring the week and weekends. I don't know what to do or where to go to get help for my depression where I have no money to spend 60-100 dollars for a psychologist. My depression is getting severe and I know it's only a matter of time before it gets out of control and I break-down. I cannot afford to stop working as we need the income, I cannot afford to be like this as I have three kids who depend on me. I don't want to feel like this and need help. Any suggestions on any organizations that can help? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

stressedoutsara responded:
Hi,I'm sorry you are going through all this. I don't know what your beliefs are, but I went through a similar bout of depression, I felt so hopeless and depressed. I also couldn't afford counseling.I was at the end of my rope and willing to try anything. I started going to a womens group at a church. I know it sounds crazy but the more I participated in something faith based the better and more grounded I felt. I dont know if you are maybe needing a fellowship, like a good group of friends you can trust or a more personal relationship which is where I started( im very shy) but often a pastor or womens ministry leader are willing to talk with you, counsel you, pray for you or be able to direct you to a licensed counselor if you prefer and probably help you pay for it. I'm not trying to offend you or be preachy, I'm just sharing how faith has helped me get out of that hole. I hope you give it a shot, you sound like a really nice person who is trying so hard, I pray for the best for you.

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello and welcome,

I encourage you to visit our Depression Community , here on WebMD. There is great support and info there that I hope might be of some help to you.
Bottom line though, you may need to reach out for a doc for some help, it's your health we are talking about, but visit that community and share there if you feel you can.
I hope that helps.
Good Luck and Good health, Chrissy WebMD Community Staff

sherberri replied to Chris_WebMD_Staff's response:
You could try using St. John's Wort...it is an herbal remedy used for depression...u can find it at most drug stores.

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.