Skip to content
Bloated for months
bellabee5417 posted:
I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I have been bloated for the last 3-4 months. My stomach is hard when you touch it. My lower back has been in a lot of pain as well. I use the bathroom everyday, and I've been passing gas. So all my pipes work. I went to my doctors the other day and he told me to take Gas-x cause he didnt want to run a bunch of test on me , well that's not helping at all. I'm so uncomfortable with the bloating. Has anyone had this before? I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I've had my period for about 5 months now but its been so off and on, 2 weeks on 1 week off, 3 weeks one 4 days off so on and so on. Please help!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and Welcome Bellabee5417,

I am so sorry you are experiencing this. Without knowing your medical history and performing an exam it is impossible to guess what is going on. Please call your doctor to let them know the Gas-X is not helping and ask for additional follow-up. Have you seen a gynecologist?

Check out our Digestive Disorders Community and our Women's Health Community . You may want to repost your concerns there for more member or possible expert response.

In the meantime, this resource may be helpful -
Gas, Bloating and Burping

Please keep us posted on how you are doing,
Elizabeth

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.