Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Spider Bite? Posted picture! Help!
Anon_230118 posted:
4 days ago I noticed my side (between armpit and hip bone) was itching. When I looked I noticed it was some sort of insect bite. I don't know how long it had been there but the night before my stomach was burning and I was restless. The spot continues to each and my stomach burns on and off. Sometimes it is very painful and sometimes it is so mild, I can barely feel it. I don't know if that has anything to do with the bite, but thought I would list all side effects. Everyone seem to think the spot looks like a spider bite. I don't know the exact date of the bite either...when I called my doctor she said if it looks as if someone poked me with a toothpick in the middle then it was a spider bite of some sort. I don't know if you can tell by the picture, but it does look like I was poked w/ a toothpick and the center is a dark purple/ blue color. Any help would be great!

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hiya,

Please get into the docs and let her decide. She didn't want to see you?

You can ask this question on our Skin Problems & Treatments Community. But ultimately this should be checked out by your doc.
Good Luck and Good health, Chrissy WebMD Community Staff

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources