Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Spider Bite? Posted picture! Help!
Anon_230118 posted:
4 days ago I noticed my side (between armpit and hip bone) was itching. When I looked I noticed it was some sort of insect bite. I don't know how long it had been there but the night before my stomach was burning and I was restless. The spot continues to each and my stomach burns on and off. Sometimes it is very painful and sometimes it is so mild, I can barely feel it. I don't know if that has anything to do with the bite, but thought I would list all side effects. Everyone seem to think the spot looks like a spider bite. I don't know the exact date of the bite either...when I called my doctor she said if it looks as if someone poked me with a toothpick in the middle then it was a spider bite of some sort. I don't know if you can tell by the picture, but it does look like I was poked w/ a toothpick and the center is a dark purple/ blue color. Any help would be great!

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hiya,

Please get into the docs and let her decide. She didn't want to see you?

You can ask this question on our Skin Problems & Treatments Community. But ultimately this should be checked out by your doc.
Good Luck and Good health, Chrissy WebMD Community Staff

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.