Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
always tired
greenight posted:
Hi, what are the causes of always being tired all the time inspite of good nutriton?

Take the Poll

Hi all, my mom is 78 and diabetic, she had both knees replaced last year. latley she is always tired and has no energy. She has a hard time getting out of the bed in the morning. What could be the possible cause? Thanks,
  • no energy
  • always tired
  • hard time getting out of the bed
vote
View Poll Results

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and Welcome Greennight!

Since there could be many factors affecting your moms energy level please discuss this with her doctor.

Is her blood sugar under control? What medications does she take?

In the meantime, this video, Always Tired, Find Out What's Wrong may be helpful.

Hope she is feeling better soon,
Elizabeth

weimaranermom responded:
My Mom is 80 and diabetic also with the same issue. Her Dr. scheduled a sleep study for her and found she has sleep apnea. Because she wasn't getting enough oxygen at night she was not getting the rest needed during sleep. The first night sleeping with the oxygen mask, she slept nine hours straight and had energy the next day. Maybe she should be checked for that among other things.

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.