Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Severe ankle pain
    Anon_231625 posted:
    Hi, Im 25 years old.. And i have been suffering from Severe Chronic Ankle sprains since i was 12 years old.. When i was 12 i badly injuried my ankle to 3rd degree sprain. I did what the doctors told me to do..

    Just every year after that, Every month I would re sprain it over and over again..

    Then last year, I was walking and my ankle started to hurt badly. So I went back home and took off my shoes. Instantly my ankle was swelled up and black and blue. I dont even know what i did to it to make it sprained again... That's when I found out that I have chronic ankle sprains.

    My ankle has muli-re sprains just most of them i didnt do nothing about them ,and i didnt report it. Cause it wasnt bad. (Till Now) the Pain is Much more higher then before and it just happens now for no reasons.

    I know i was neglectful of it. It's just sometimes i can go 3 months without re-spraining it,Sometimes 5 months if i was lucky.

    Now recently, *june 25th* My ankle was hurting really bad, I thought it was just because a storm was coming in, My ankle is weather sensative.So I started to rub it,And that is when i felt swelling.I went to the doctors and she put me too see a foot specialist on August 8th.. I dont know if I can hold on.. Im in soo much pain.. It leads up to my knee now.. My other ankle,(LEFT) Is now starting to hurt.. I dont know what to do anymore..My right ankle (injuried one) I cant walk certain mile's without it giving out anymore.And yesterday when i was swimming in pool with my children, I felt the pain like EVER.. And my foot of-course my ankle had to hit the stairs.. INSTANTLY severe pain.. Im like what the ???, I dont have to do anything to this ankle anymore without it hurting or feeling it's going to fall off.
    My doctor thinks I broke it when I did the 1st injury.. Cause when it's not even hurting, Its still swelled up(not bad) And it looks screwed up.. I do have to wear a ankle brace.. and with that i still can't walk with out my ankle hurting or swelling up..I dont have nothing to take for the pain. I did try over the counters but that didnt even touch it.. Im getting so frustrated and stressed over this. I have 3 kids and they young. I can't even play with them for so long :(. And the pain i have been in my temper has been short... And can a injuried ankle screw up your back and give you severe headaches?

    Sorry for the long question..

    Did any one else ever suffer with this?? What does the foot specialist do?? Any Advice what to do??
    Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi and welcome,

    I'm sorry you are going through so much pain. It sounds bad and you sound frustrated. I'm wondering if you should call that foot specialist back and express the pain you are having. If he can't see you sooner, I would find a doctor that can.
    If you'd like to share your thoughts and questions with our Pain Management Community , I encourage you to do so. But bottom line is you need to find a doc that can see you sooner than later.

    I hope that helps and you feel better soon!
    Good Luck and Good health, Chrissy WebMD Community Staff

    Helpful Tips

    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 4 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.