Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Heart beating 'so loudly' in one ear last two mornings and all day!
Anon_963 posted:
I guess this is 'pulsatile tinnitus' and it has wakened me because my heart is beating strong and irregular at times. It's lasting all day long--more faintly but still very noticeable. When it keeps you from falling back to sleep, it's really aggravating.
I have an inner ear problem that has caused hearing loss in the ear the heartbeats are heard in. I wear a hearing aid. That helps 'alot'. However, the last couple of weeks the hearing is poor even with the aid and my head has alot of pressure (No pain), like it's full of air/water or ??
I have 'cochlear hydrops' and this has happened before. My question is, could this be something else going on other than connected with my ear? I saw my internist a month ago and all was ok then. Weather here is seriously hot but I'm in a/c all the time. Anyone here have symptoms like these or have a clue as to the cause? thanks

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and welcome,

You may want to try and ask this question on our Ear, Nose &Throat Community . You'll find support there, but I think you need to talk to your doctor again for some answers. No one can guess over the internet but again you are welcome to ask this question on our site, click the link above.
Good Luck and Good health, Chrissy WebMD Community Staff

Anon_963 replied to Chris_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you, I did that. I appreciate so much Dr. Moser's helpful insight as to questions to ask, etc. I plan to ask my doctors and push more for answers.

starbritely responded:
HI, I also have the same symptoms of hearing my heartbeat but I hear it in both ears!! At first it was driving me crazy I have hearing loss, and have asked doc. about it he told me it was related to my hearing loss, so I have accepted it as that. There are times especially at night when things are quiet, it overwhelms me and sometimes causes some anxiety, but it has been going on for so long that I just tell myself to deal with it. But that is my case.. I don't have anymore resources to check into it as far as money to keep seeing the doctors, but if anyone else has a clue to what it might be it sure would be helpful. thanks!!

Amelia_WebMD_Staff replied to starbritely's response:
Hi starbritely,

I hope that you will also post your questions and concerns in the WebMD Ear, Nose & Throat Community for insight from other members and our wonderful expert. It is also never a bad idea to get a second opinion, if you feel that your doctor is not checking every resource possible. Hope you find the help that you deserve, soon.

Best wishes!
Amelia

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources