Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Need Advice
belong posted:
HI,
I have been experiencing mild dizziness for over a week that seems to hit randomly. Sometimes accompanied by blurred vision.Seems more like a loss of balance than anything else and lasts only a minute or so.However, this seems to be happening several times a day. If I hold onto a fixed object when it hits, I am ok until it passes. I have had these dizzy problems before but never more than once or twice a year. I have gout-like pain in left toes and ankle for the last week also (no swelling, just pain). Yes I have had gout flare ups before.
I am more worried about dizziness as I drive an hour to and from work and work in outdoor environment on asphalt/concrete. Could those conditions cause random, mild dizzy sensations?
Thank you for your help.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and Welcome Belong,

I am sorry you have been experiencing this. Unfortunately, it is impossible to guess what is going on without and exam and tests, many conditions can cause dizziness and blurred vision. Please contact your doctor to get this checked out.

In the meantime, this resource, Dizziness Directory and our Symptom Checker may be helpful.

With temps rising and working outdoors, please take precautions to keep yourself safe - Heat Related Illnesses.

Please let us know what you find out,
Elizabeth

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.