Skip to content
Agent Orange/Rheumatoid Arthritis
brainstillworks posted:
Has any study been done on any connection between RA and Agent Orange exposure?

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi brainstillworks,

While I was not able to find any information towards a direct connection between RA and Agent Orange, I did find an article on the Possible Link between Agent Orange and Type 2 Diabetes and then a Connection Between RA and Diabetes .

The best place for you to post your question would be our WebMD Rheumatoid Arthritis Community for possible member and expert feedback on this topic and others.
Hope this helps!

Take care!
Amelia

brainstillworks replied to Amelia_WebMD_Staff's response:
I know about the RA and diabetes link and get compensation from the VA for that, but the RA is a bigger problem for me that the diabetes. Thank you for the infomation.
Dale

Amelia_WebMD_Staff replied to brainstillworks's response:
Sorry, that I couldn't be of more help, Dale.

Since, "The exact cause of rheumatoid arthritis is unknown, but it is thought to be due to a combination of genetic, environmental, and hormonal factors," you might find a case study somewhere and others who are experiencing your same concerns. Here is also the list (which you probably already have) of known Diseases related to Agent Orange from the US Department of Veteran Affairs. Speak to your rheumatologist about the possibility of RA having a connection to the substance and/or one of these other known diseases. Hopefully, he/she can give you more insight.

Wishing you the best!
Amelia

keeperofthegate replied to Amelia_WebMD_Staff's response:
My brother did two tours in Vietnam Nam. He was sprayed with agent orange. When he cam back the final time I started wearing his jacket to all the rallies. I barely surveyed some of his nightmares. We protested late 60's & early 70's. Mono came first 1year later By 1973 I couldn't get pregnant. Next every year for 12 years I developed a new "no fix" chronic illness or surgery. I had to stop working, my brother was having many of the same issues.

In 1994 I had a hair sample test looking for anything. AGENT ORANGE was the main item that showed up. 24 years later the agent orange on his jacket that I wore to protest this wrong doing made a war victim out of both of us.

It's hard for people to Belive it won't wash out of the garment. We burned it. My brother was never able to have a family and he has terrible Nuro pain. he tried to escape the nightmares and memories. I found him both times.

We were very close as kids but I no longer regonize him. The worst part, he still can't forgive and love me for putting 2 2 together and finding him both times.

I want WARS TO STOP! But no matter how much I research and study it's been with us for all time.

WE NEED TO DO MORE FOR OUR CURRENT VETS ALSO.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.