Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Need Help with severely painful sore on inside of nose
JasonBeebles85 posted:
My nose was running for about and week but has been a week since it stopped. And 4 days ago (on Thursday), my nose became sore and the next morning I had a sore on the inner inside of my right nostril. The sore has become slightly larger and painful over the past few days. Now it is Monday (4 days later), and the sore is large and infected looking and unbelievably sore ALL the time. I have put Hydrogen peroxide on it often and even tried neosporene, and nothing has worked. I have seen tons of answers about sores but range from Lupis, to Staph, to a pimple. I took a picture (yeah its gross). My company does not offer health insurance and will go to the doctor but wanted some possible insight on what it could be before I go.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66998373@N08/6093854593/in/photostream

Olivia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Jason!

Welcome to WebMD.

Unfortunately, while we may be able to provide a bit of guidance, only a visit to your own health care provider will tell you exactly what the sore is, what is causing it and the best way to treat it.

While you wait, I'd recommend posting to Dr. Rod Moser on our Ear, Nose & Throat community .

Take care,
Olivia
WebMD Community Staff

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.