Skip to content
Can anyone identify this issue?
Prrrfectprple posted:
My husband has an inflammation on his middle toe. It's a huge sac looking inflammation. I did some research and I think it's bursitis but I'm not too sure.
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Prrrfectprple,

I'm sorry your husband is having trouble. Unfortunately, it is difficult to guess what's going on without an exam and knowing his medical history.

Please contact his health care provider to have this evaluated. In the meantime here is a link to bursitis .

Hoping you find answers soon,
purplemoon0130 responded:
"If" it is bursitis, the fluid can be drained and a cortisone shot can be administered by his doctor. I once had a bursa that filled up with fluid on my knee cap...VERY painful...went to my doctor and the cortisone shot cleared it right up. Bursas are located by joints and sometimes can fill with fluid, especially after an old injury. He needs to be seen by his doctor. He shouldn't suffer through the pain. I wish him the best.

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.