Skip to content
Mystery
mbbuffy posted:
Hi there,
My dad has something going on and no one can say what it is. He has CLL & Parkinsons. Last month he started feeling confused and disoriented and not walking to well. He went to the neurologist and they gave him a new medacine called Azliect. Made him feel worse so they stoped it after 10 days. He had the symptoms of a stroke so we took him to the hospital and did an MRI, CT scan and all the blood work. Everything came back negative even his urine. Took him back to the neurologist and he said that his symptoms is not parkinsons and refered us to nother doctor which he does not see till 12/15/11. He is still confused, disoriented, motorskills not right and yes he has memory loss but not like Alztimers. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what this might be? He is also sleeping 20hrs a day. Just feels soooo tired. Yesterday he felt bad took his stelevo (which by the way the neurologist uped a half a pill) went to eat Thanksgiving dinner and after he ate it was like a light switch that went off and you could see it in his face that he was feeling much better and even joined in the conversation. Has anyone known of anyone that has had something like this?
Thanks to anyone who can give any information,
mbbuffy

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello Mbbuffy and thank you for posting about your dad.

I know it's been a few days since you posted and I was wondering how your dad was doing. Unfortunately, we don't have any health experts on this community.

It sounds like you're doing all you can for your dad, and I hope the expert you see in a couple of weeks has some answers for your dad. You may want to call that doctor's office and ask them if they can get your father in sooner if they have a cancellation.

Please let us know how he's doing,

Byroney

mbbuffy replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi there Byroney,
Thanks for getting back to me. We have been to the to another neurologist who said he needs to come back for some basic motor skill tests and memory tests. He can remember but its very slow. Also went to the oncologist and they noticed the change right away. Wondering if someone didn't look at the MRI very good and there is a tumor or stroke somewhere. Still as baffled as ever. Oncologist is going to do a bone marrow test next Tuesday and see what that says.
Any info that might be helpful will be much appreciated.
He is not much better than he was before. Has good and bad days.

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.