Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What is wrong with me? What happened?
Potfish posted:
Hello,

I had something terrifying happen to me and I don't know hwy. I'm not sure if I should go see a doctor or if this may have been a one-time thing.

I was on my computer when suddenly I needed to catch my breath. I can began to feel very faint. This was for about three seconds.

About 10 minutes later, the same thing happened, only this time I felt absolutely horrible. My head felt like it was losing blood, or something like that - I thought I was going to pass out. I suddenly got very hot and was sweating all over, and my tinnitus (which is regularly not noticeable) was extremely loud - so loud I could clearly hear it over a fan blowing in the room.

I felt like I was going to pass out for about 10 seconds, and the sweating and tinnitus lasted for about one minute longer. I fell asleep and now I feel better.

I checked my blood pressure, which was something like 120/70, and my blood sugar was 102, although I am not diabetic. I have always considered myself fairly healthy.

What happened to me? Thanks...

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello Potfish,

It has been a couple days since your post and I hope you are feeling better. Have you experienced this again? Hopefully you have talked with your doctor.

This resource for Fainting/Syncope may be helpful. Please talk with your doctor about your symptoms.

Hope you find answers soon,
Elizabeth

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.