Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What is wrong with me? What happened?
Potfish posted:
Hello,

I had something terrifying happen to me and I don't know hwy. I'm not sure if I should go see a doctor or if this may have been a one-time thing.

I was on my computer when suddenly I needed to catch my breath. I can began to feel very faint. This was for about three seconds.

About 10 minutes later, the same thing happened, only this time I felt absolutely horrible. My head felt like it was losing blood, or something like that - I thought I was going to pass out. I suddenly got very hot and was sweating all over, and my tinnitus (which is regularly not noticeable) was extremely loud - so loud I could clearly hear it over a fan blowing in the room.

I felt like I was going to pass out for about 10 seconds, and the sweating and tinnitus lasted for about one minute longer. I fell asleep and now I feel better.

I checked my blood pressure, which was something like 120/70, and my blood sugar was 102, although I am not diabetic. I have always considered myself fairly healthy.

What happened to me? Thanks...

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello Potfish,

It has been a couple days since your post and I hope you are feeling better. Have you experienced this again? Hopefully you have talked with your doctor.

This resource for Fainting/Syncope may be helpful. Please talk with your doctor about your symptoms.

Hope you find answers soon,
Elizabeth

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources