Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hand pain with fingers getting "stuck".
purplemoon0130 posted:
I have been having hand (joint) pain for a few months now. The main knuckles hurt the most, but I have no swelling. After sleeping all night with my hands in a fist position, I have my middle fingers on both hands that are in a "stuck" position. I can strain through the pain and they make a popping noise. It isn't noise like when you "pop" your fingers though. It's more like a tendon popping on top or near the knuckle and middle joints. Weird that it is happening to both hands. I am on Lyrica for fibromyalgia, and started having tingling in my hands and feet. Then the pain started. Now I am having the problems I explained. My hands really hurt extremely. I'm wondering if it could be a side effect from the Lyrica or if it's coincidental that I'm developing some type of arthritis. My feet also hurt, but not like my hands do. My feet hurt mostly when I get up out of bed and put my weight on them. After walking just a little bit, the pain goes away. I'm puzzled. Do you have any idea what is going on?

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello Purplemoon0130 and thanks for posting today! I also appreciate you sharing your thoughts with other members in their posts.

There are a number of things that can cause fingers to stick and pop, such as Trigger Finger and various forms of arthritis. Whether or not Lyrica could be causing your symptoms is something your doctor or pharmacist could explore with you.

Please let us know what you find out and I hope you get some relief soon!

Byroney

buckbaby5 responded:
you have bone spurs in your feet, and trigger finger in your hands

lrw1973 responded:
I have this also. First in my left hand after a very long time now it's happening in my right hand. It really hurts when it's very cold.

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.