Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Cold
RosalieHaleFan1 posted:
I am always cold..I mean always. Its so bad even when it is almost 80 degrees out I am wearing a hoodie/jacket. I have been like this for as long as I can remember, even living in Arizona. I havent really gotten any tests or anything done, but when I was pregnant with my son my iron levels were low and was on an iron pill regiment, I no longer take the pills. Some of my friends say im anemic and need to keep them up, and some say its my thyroid. Is there maybe someone else that can help so I dont go to the doctor swinging in the dark and possibly paying for tests i do not need?

Crapamoli responded:
How is your energy level? Anemia usually effects how you feel are you tired all the time? Being cold could be fro a lack of blood flow. I would check your blood pressure. I hope you find out what is causing this.

shadowsmom42 responded:
Anemia will cause fatigue as well. I suggest, since you stopped the iron pills and you really don't want to see a doctor at this point, start up the iron pills again and see how you feel after about a month or two. Then, if you're still cold all the time, I would definitely get the thyroid checked. Thyroid tests aren't always reliable and believe it or not, a LOT of doctors will do nothing if the TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) test comes back borderline. A lot of doctors consider that 'normal'. Even if it comes back normal, it doesn't mean there isn't something wrong. Find a good doctor, explain that you are, and always have been, extremely cold ALL THE TIME and get some tests done. They'll start out with blood work....Good luck. (You just might find the iron pills will help you! Once anemic, a lot of people have to stay on iron pills, even a low dose, the rest of their lives.....) Blood pressure isn't something that causes one to be cold all the time but blood circulation is. Please follow up with a good doctor if the iron pills don't do it for you......Like I said, good luck and I hope all works out for you.

Olivia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi there!

When I did a search on feeling cold I came up with Hypothyroidism .

I am sure there are probably other reasons that you might be feeling this sensation, so I hope your doctor can help you get to the bottom of it.

Let us know what you find out.

Take care,
Olivia

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.