Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
7 years no answer
dnlemerson posted:
I have a growing issue with both of my legs. both of them are become discolored almost like brusing on the ankles and feet and once its there its there for good. i have burning and itching and in so much pain i can hardly walk anymore. have seen nuroligest who say its vascular. then vascular surgons who says its nurological. i am at a loss here and dont know where to go or who to turn to. please help i want to be able to walk. just FYI im 27 male

Sandy61502 responded:
My husband has the same thing. It goes up his legs, just below his knees. He has diabetes and PAD. Have you been tested for PAD? His podiatrist has given him a cream Lac-Hydrin 12% (ammonium lactate). It has done wonders for him. Maybe you should see a podiatrist. He also has neuropathy in his feet. I hope this might be of some help.

lmailbag responded:
I am having trouble with my legs.I had a number of surgeries. It seems that ever since the surgeries not on my legs but in other areas my legs swell and do get itchy as well. Actually my right leg swells more than left one.I am inside all the time because I live in a nursing home.A number of years ago I had a lymph node removed to do a test and a ever since my leg swells up.I am told it is lymphodem

Olivia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi dnlemerson,

Welcome to the WebMD Community!

I cannot tell you how many times I see members posting to our communities that have been shuffled from one health professional to another with no answers. It is mind-boggling.

My first suggestion is get second opinions on both the vascular and neurological fronts. Sometimes the right doctor makes all the difference in getting a diagnosis.

Here also is some information that may be helpful:

Leg Problems Overview

Leg Problems: Check Your Symptoms

I hope you get some answers soon.

Olivia

Olivia_WebMD_Staff replied to lmailbag's response:
Welcome, Imailbag!

I hope the links above may help you as well. And, here is some further information on Lymphodema as well.

Take care,
Olivia

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.