Skip to content
4 year old with curled toes
Anon_183567 posted:
My 4 year old daughter has a severe mental disability/ neurological issues due to a rare brain defect since I was pregnant with her. She was dignosed with this defect when I was 8 months pregnant with her.

Just a few months ago her dad and I noticed the second and third toe on her Right foot curl into each other. The second toe sits on the third toe some. She has a lot of doctor's appointments with her Neurologist in the next couple of months. Is this something I should discuss with the Neurologist, or should I take her to her regular Pediatrician to see what he thinks? Is it possible its related to her other issues? Is this something I should be concerned about or is it just a childhood thing that she'll grow out of? She is non speaking so if its painful or not, I don't know since she cannot say. Honestly, if she's had this issue since she was younger I wouldn't know bbecause like I said, her dad and I just noticed this issues a few months ago. From the time she was 9 months old to 2 1/2 we were without insurance for her. She didn't get diagnosed with all her issues until 2010.

Olivia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and welcome to our community!

We have a wonderful pediatrician here on our site who may be able to share some information and point you in the right direction.

His name is Dr. Roy Benaroch, and you can find him on our Parenting community .

I hope you find what you need.

Take care,
Olivia

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.