Skip to content
American Sign Language
Anon_183567 posted:
Where would I go in my community to learn American Sign Language? I have a 4 1/2 year old daughter with severe mental disability due to a rare brain defect. She is non speaking.
Olivia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and welcome to our community!

You should probably start with your pediatrician, who may have some resources he or she knows of. Many community colleges off courses in ASL. And you can use your internet search engine to see if there are any classes in your area. I am willing to bet there are also some starter videos on YouTube.

While you're in our community, you can get some great feedback not only on where to find resources, but also other questions you may have about your child's health, growth and development on our Parenting Community . Our pediatrician there, Dr. Roy Benaroch, is super.

I hope you find what you need.

Take care,

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.