Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
will shingles vaccine help me at 44 yrs old
An_245163 posted:
im 44yrs old now but i had shingles really really bad for four straight months when i was 38 and its never really gone away. i still feel it a little every time im stressed. 2 exceptions: once about 3yrs ago and again this past feb, life just went way south on me and that horrible pain came on full both times and lasted 2 days and about 5 respectively.
the doctor told me when i was 38 that it'll be over in a few days and there was nothing he could do for me because theres no cure and im too young for the vaccine, plus it wont help since it'll be over soon. so i suffered miserablly 4 straight mos&it was really bad. i've had to suffer really bad twice since.
will the vaccine help me or do i really have to deal with this god awful crap for the rest of my life.

Olivia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and welcome!

I wish I had the perfect answer to your question, but it's best to ask your doctor about your specific case.

In the meantime, here is some good information about the Shingles Vaccine and how it works.

I hope this helps.

Take care,
Olivia

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.