New WebMD Privacy Policy -- June 11, 2012
Olivia_WebMD_Staff posted:
The WebMD Privacy Policy will be updated on June 11, 2012. To better understand what's new, please read this Summary of Changes . When the new policy goes into effect, registered members will be asked to accept it when they log into their WebMD member accounts. If you have any questions after you read the summary, please don't hesitate to let us know.

ADDITION: If you use "Remember Me" to log into community, that cookie will be overridden when the new Privacy Policy goes live Monday morning. You will have to reset it after you accept the new policy. If you do not remember your password, please write to our staff at CommunityManagement@WebMD.net and we'll be happy to help you reset your password.

Yours in Health,
The WebMD Staff

hula_dancer73 responded:
do not sign in I go thru favorites and have no need to sign in. it autmatically signs me in and I no longer know what my PW adn all that are.

thanks

hula_dancer

An_245485 responded:
Well, I just joined and now I will be leaving.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to hula_dancer73's response:
Hi Hula Dancer,

If it still has you sign in come June 11th and you don't recall your password, write to us at communitymanagement@webmd.net and we can do a password reset for you and get you back in.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to An_245485's response:
Hi An_245484,

Can you tell us what about the new Privacy Policy is creating concern for you? We'd like to have a chance to address it.

We wish you well, whether you stay here at WebMD or move on elsewhere.

abe648 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Where is the new Privacy Policy? When I click on the new Privacy Polucy as when I clikc on the link it takes me here and therr is no link to look at the new Privacy policy. Could I please get a link to it. Thanks

An_245655 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Loos like there are not many discussions in this support community unless you are female and pregnant!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to abe648's response:
Hi Abe,

It's linked from Olivia's initial post in this discussion. For me, the key thing to know is this part: "WebMD does not make your personal information available to third parties for their marketing purposes"

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to An_245655's response:
Hi An_24655,

This Welcome board isn't considered a support community, more a place where newcomers find their way and let us know what they need so we can point to articles, experts and support communities.

Can you tell us what you're looking for? What kind of support you need? We'd be happy to redirect you.

hootyowl2 responded:
Olivia,

I clicked on the opt out button in the privacy policy. I checked all boxes, but not all boxes accepted the opt out thing...So, apparently, I have to go back to each one that did not accept it, and opt out individually. That is highly annoying. I rarely check out the advertizing since I live on a fixed income and have very little money for shopping. Nothing against you all, I just cannot afford it. I also do not like ads that "stalk" me and are "tailored" to my likes or whatever.

thanks.

Hooty

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to hootyowl2's response:
Hi Hooty,

Thank you for this feedback. I'll be sure Olivia sees it.

P.S. Good to 'see' you.

Olivia_WebMD_Staff replied to hootyowl2's response:
Hi Hooty!

Thanks so much for this feedback. I'll let our Best Practices team know that something is wonky with the check boxes.

Take care,
Olivia

hootyowl2 replied to Olivia_WebMD_Staff's response:
I meant to say I was trying to opt out of the "customized ads", not WebMD. I got an email where they apparently thought I wanted to quit WebMD and accidently deleted the email. I was trying to click the reply button...They should not put those next to each other... oops.

I dont bother with the ads anyhow, and I really don't like the "customized" ones... that is creepy. The only thing in my wallet is cobwebs.

Hooty

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to hootyowl2's response:
Hi Hootyowl -

Thanks again for your feedback!

Please let us know if you have any problems with logging in, want to make sure YOU were not deleted!

(I agree with boxes next to each other, I have also deleted or saved when trying to respond or send.)

Elizabeth