Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
cause cant be found
msnascar74 posted:
My mom went to her family doctor 3 yrs ago for a tightness in her upper abdomanal region..right where a bra would go under the breast. Its worse when she sits up and it actually swells and goes all the way around her back..almost like a "spare tire". When she bears down she says it hurts but when shes at rest its just uncomfortable..it makes her feel short of breath...the only time its not to bad is when shes laying down..shes had her heart checked and theres no heart prob. shes been scooped and there was nothing found..she does have severe kidney disease and is on dyalisis 3x a week and is also a diabetic. If anyone has any ideas of what we can check next we would greatly appreciate it

Olivia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and welcome, msnascar74!

You may want to post to both our Kidney Disorders and Diabetes board to see if any members there have had similar problems.

Here is some other information you might explore with your doctor. I just did some searches on pain that might come from the region of the body you described. You may also want to use our Search to find other information.

Abdominal Pain Overview

Gallstones

Hernia

Costochondritis

I hope you are able to get some answers and get your mom some relief soon.

Take care,
Olivia

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.