Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Coping with ADHD
Shewa77 posted:
Greetings,I recently was diagnosed with Adult ADHD. I am almost 60 years old. It has been interesting to put the pieces together starting from when I was a child. Would anyone with experience with Adult ADHD be willing to share where to start with this MH issue? I have a hard time staying on task... Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Lisa1Jane responded:
Hi,

I am 42 and just been diagnosed with ADHD it is no surprise as my son, my brother, and 2 of his children have it also. I found an old school report which described me as disruptive, consistantly chatting and low concentration. I sought help as I was going back to uni to do a Phd and wanted help as I found doing my degree was very hard. I find it very difficult to concentrate, keep on task and my short term memory is very poor...sleeping is also an issue! I have been put on ritalin and I'm hoping that will help. Your not alone, my psychiatrist assures me that people of a mature age often seek help only to discover that they have ADHD. It can be managed well once you know what you have and what steps to take. If you want to let me know more specifically what your main issues are I maybe able to advise you on ways to deal with them.
Best wishes
Lisa

Olivia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Shewa77!

Welcome to WebMD and our community.

We have an absolutely wonderful ADHD Community here on our site with great members and two superb experts. I'd recommend posting your questions there and getting to know others.

Take care,
Olivia

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.