Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HMS and Fibro?
jillylin posted:
Does anyone here have HMS as well as Fibro? I was in my local library and noticed a new book had come in about Hypermobility Syndrome. When I started reading it, I discovered it has very close links with Fibro. I would be interested in any views about this.

The book was written by an ex dancer which is partly what caught my eye but as I was reading , lightbulbs were going off every few paragraphs as I was seeing so many links to my own situation. Including the fact the author had a similar experience to my own with her neurologist.

Jilly in the UK

shadowsmom42 responded:
Hi there. I don't feel that HMS and FMS go together, however, with that said, one can be misdiagnosed.
Here is a link that you just might find helpful. It's titled "Fibromyalgia/Hypermobility Syndrome and it's by Dr. Faber at the Milwaukee Pain Clinic:
http://www.milwaukeepainclinic.com/fibromyalgiaHypermobilitySyndrome.asp

Hope you find this helpful and that it answers any questions you might have. Take care! - Terry

Olivia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Jilly!

This would be a great question for the expert and members on our Fibromyalgia Community .

I hope you'll post there and get to know everyone.

Take care,
Olivia

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.