Skip to content
Eczema or Ringworm? Or something else?
SmileItsSteffany posted:
Hello! About a week ago (at night), I recognized a random dry, scaly patch right below my knee. I thought it was just a cluster of razor burn bumps since I had recently changed razors. It was a bit itchy when I first saw it, also. The next morning, the skin-tone patch turned into a red cluster of bumps and it was sort of raised. I work in a pre-k, so I am around ringworm. After I got out of the shower, it was very inflamed and prominently round, which made me believe it was ringworm. The only problem is it is only itchy sometimes, and even though it's a prominent circle, there is no prominent border like a typical ringworm outbreak. A few pharmacists told me it could be eczema, but I've never had skin problems like this before. Any ideas of what it could be?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi SmileItsSteffany,

The best thing you could do is see your medical provider to find out what's going on here. A direct examination would be needed.

In the meantime, I encourage you to post on our Skin Problems & Treatments community .

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.