Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My mother's crying pain!!!
clreeves63 posted:
Over the past six years, I hear and see my mother's tears of pain in her upper thigh on the side and she cannot walk good because her leg gives out on her. She has been going to doctors for over 15 years and she has prove with medical paperwork. She has had one back surgery and she was ok for awhile! She has been the therapy on and off! She has been given strong pain pills but she sleeps and she doesn't like not being able to do anything!! Now, a doctor got her in therapy for 4 weeks, but the people in therapy says that her back is really swollen so they cannot do what they are told. Asked my mother to put ice pack on her back to get the swollen down, she is doing it! Now they told her, they are only going to see her for 2 weeks!!
Something is wrong! She wants to know what is wrong with her and what could be done!! Every time I talk to her, she is crying about the pain and she cannot do anything, plus these doctors do not know what is going on but they want to dose her up with pain killers!!! I think that this is 4 certified medical doctors but they do not know what is going on!!!! One doctor stated to her the it is her back and the surgery she had needed to go down not up her back!!! The doctor that did the back surgery stated that he is just a surgeon!! I want my mom to feel better!!!! Please help her and me too!! She is not faking!!!

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hiya and welcome,

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom, and it sounds like it is so difficult on you to be watching her in this pain and frustrating.
I fear there is not much we can do here, but we will certainly support you. I think you may find great support on our Back Pain Community or WebMD's Pain Management Community .
Ultimately she needs to see another doctor for a correct diagnoses, but in the mean time, I hope you find support there. Best of luck and health to your Mom!
Good Luck and Good health,
Chrissy
WebMD Community Staff

shadowsmom42 responded:
I can only give some suggestions as I've been dealing with chronic pain for almost 20 years and have also been run through the 'gammit' of everything out there and every type of doctor. (My chronic pain started with a major car accident 20 years ago, being rear ended at a dead stop, at 70 MPH). However, you didn't give much information. You had mentioned that she has proof with medical paperwork but didn't mention proof of what. You mention therapy but not what the therapy was for or what type of therapy she had. You also mentioned that she had back surgery but didn't mention what she had back surgery for. And, what type of medications is she on...
I have also sat in here in so much pain that I will cry, as your mom does. It can be not so much from the pain, but from the actual FRUSTRATION of not getting any answers from these doctors now-a-days.....but also from the pain, LOL.
I really, really want to give you and your mom some suggestions but I was wondering if you could give me/us some more history as I mentioned above.....what back surgery did she have; what type of therapy is she doing or has she done; what treatments has she already had; what medications has she already tried; what area of the back; etc., etc..
Like I said, I've been dealing with chronic back pain, chronic bursitis (side of the upper thigh/hip area), I've had Bi-Lateral RF Lesioning at the L5-S1, I've even tried a Spinal Cord Stimulator; I've had numerous steroid injections for the pain, and I've been on the strongest narcotic pain medication for almost 12 years now, etc., etc., etc.. So, if you would/could give a little more information, I would LOVE to try to give you both some suggestions as there might be something your moms doctors are missing or haven't tried.
(This is the time I wish I could somehow give you my email address without the whole world getting it, LOL.)
Anyhow, please post again with a bit more info and I'll keep checking my inbox. I'll post again as soon as I read your updated post, ok?
Please take care of yourself and your mom. BTW, how old is mom, if you don't mind me asking?
Sincerely,
Terry

Gwendolyn123 responded:
It is so hard when we see a loved one with chronic pain. I would suggest a rheumatologist. Has she been checked for fibromyalgia? I had similar pain and am better after finding the right dosage of Lyrica and Cymbalta. At this point with her depression she could get double duty with the cymbalta for pain and depression. Best of luck.

DoubleRainbows responded:
I had the same kind of pain about 8yrs ago. The only things that helped me were Acupuncture and massage. Within a month the acupuncture eliminated my pain. It hasn't come back, but I continue with treatments once a month as a preventative.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.