Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Leg Swelling
An_246250 posted:
Hello

Im hoping someone can give some insight as to whats happening to me.

If I am on my feet for a long time, at the end of the day my legs feel very heavy and they swell. My feet however do not swell. I notice that the left leg becomes only slightly more swollen then the left. I do not have pitting edema. This problem has been going on since I was about 20 years old and I am now 33. I have had two children and from my pregnancies I have developed many spider veins. I have discussed this issue with my doctor. He ordered a venous ultrasound and everything came back normal as well as all of my blood work. I am going to pursue the issue further with my doctor.
When I wake up in the morning my legs are normal but then as the day progresses I begin to have the heavy feeling and I start to notice the swelling.

Its summer time and I wish I could wear shorts but am too embarassed with the leg swelling that occurs. Could this be my spider veins causing this. I have no other medical conditions and I am also not on birth control

Thanks

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon and welcome!

Your swollen legs sound very uncomfortable. I'm glad you have checked in with your doctor and are going to follow-up.

Here is an article that might give you additional avenues to explore when you have your next appointment:

Overview: Swollen Ankles and Feet (Although not specific to legs, some of the causes might relate to your symptoms)

If you do have a diagnosis, come back for additional WebMD resources that might help you manage your symptoms.

Best of luck to you and I hope you find relief soon!

Haylen

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.