Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Leg Swelling
An_246250 posted:
Hello

Im hoping someone can give some insight as to whats happening to me.

If I am on my feet for a long time, at the end of the day my legs feel very heavy and they swell. My feet however do not swell. I notice that the left leg becomes only slightly more swollen then the left. I do not have pitting edema. This problem has been going on since I was about 20 years old and I am now 33. I have had two children and from my pregnancies I have developed many spider veins. I have discussed this issue with my doctor. He ordered a venous ultrasound and everything came back normal as well as all of my blood work. I am going to pursue the issue further with my doctor.
When I wake up in the morning my legs are normal but then as the day progresses I begin to have the heavy feeling and I start to notice the swelling.

Its summer time and I wish I could wear shorts but am too embarassed with the leg swelling that occurs. Could this be my spider veins causing this. I have no other medical conditions and I am also not on birth control

Thanks

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon and welcome!

Your swollen legs sound very uncomfortable. I'm glad you have checked in with your doctor and are going to follow-up.

Here is an article that might give you additional avenues to explore when you have your next appointment:

Overview: Swollen Ankles and Feet (Although not specific to legs, some of the causes might relate to your symptoms)

If you do have a diagnosis, come back for additional WebMD resources that might help you manage your symptoms.

Best of luck to you and I hope you find relief soon!

Haylen

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources