Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
PINWORMS...WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER ALL THIS TIME
Kageygirl posted:
In 2004 I unknowingly drank water under a 'boil water' advisory and was deathly ill within 3 hours. So ill we cut our honeymoon short. Weeks later I developed a rash over my entire back. Looked like a map. Bit by bit my body began to fall apart with Rheumatoid Arthritis (not in my family), Fibromyalgia, Migraines (never had before), Edema, insomnia, IBS and on and on. ALL IN JUST ONE YEAR to which I ended on disability from years of being a 15 km hiker and going on canoe trips every weekend. The water had cryptosporidium parasite and giardia parasite. I walked in and told my doctor I was sure I picked up a parasite and they laughed...calling it stress and a sudden onslaught of all the above (at once - yea right). Eight years later I have managed to grab samples (evidence) and have been told they are pinworms. I am not convinced they are, but they ARE parasites. Can anyone tell me the long term effects throughout one's body? I know they can basically get in to just about anywhere. I am scared to death. Please help. Thank you.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Kageygirl,

I can imagine how stressful this must be for you!

Complications from pinworms are rare. The most frequent complications are bacterial infection because of skin irritation or scratches from itching. Here are some resources on Pinworms that might give you additional information:

Pinworms - Treatment Overview

Pinworms - What Happens

We have great Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fribro Communities if you have questions or need support located here:

WebMD RA Community

WebMD Fibromyalgia Community

Yours in health,

Haylen

Kageygirl replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
CHANGE IN SITUATION: Nurse was wrong. It is NOTpinworms as the nurse (should not have) told me. However, I am convinced it is some form of parasite although first test is negative. I will go for a second opinion. SYMPTOMS (other illness ruled out): Drop to 98 pounds from 148 over a couple years. Not eating less, but later as I am hungry late at night now. Overwhelming need to fall asleep when eating - pass out really - even with face falling on plate, yet waking up after just fine (no sleeping sickness and ONLY when eating with husband nudging me). Big appetite and energy at night ONLY, especially after midnight and before sunrise. EXTREME night sweats but ONLY at night. The second I eat a bite, audible rumbling and movement in tummy begins. EXTREME and smelly gas and I never had any kind of gas before. HUGE BLOBS of mucous actually falling right out of me on bed sheets and even floor from standing. Change from being severely constipated all my life and relying on 4 to 6 Exlax each night for 30 years to diarreah - urgent elimination and just 6 or so hours after eating (anything, even 1/2 a block of hard cheese!) . Also, it feels my entire stomach is being unloaded at once. There are black thread looking things in stool and yellowish ribbon looking things and hundreds of them in all sizes. Also pea-skin kind of things although I do not eat peas or corn and a few small rice sized things that remind me of burlap - or mesh - brown with spots or holes as in burlap. Stool itself changed from being hard, rocky and resembling a beef kidney to light brown - soft, all one big piece, full of mucous, floating with lots of air bubbles and the other things I described. I began grinding my teeth to the point of a dislocated jaw a few times. Severe bloating ALL the time and a distended and hard tummy even at 98 pounds. There is NO itching at all anywhere. It all began with a reticular rash over my entire back after drinking contaminated water under an advisory by mistake. I became violently ill within 2 hours with high fever for days and then the rash and then cyst on foot, back of neck and femur found on bone scan they could not I.D.,all of which magically disappeared weeks later, followed by being diagnosed with full body rheumatic disease, Edema, and lots more unitl fully disabled one year after that darned water. I was an avid hiker, canoer, climber, assistant to the director of education in T.O. and single mom prior to this horror. MY NEW GP HAS NOT EVEN PUT HIS HANDS ON ME IN ALL THIS TIME TO EXAMINE ME and NOT EVEN ASKED ME TO UNDRESS TO SEE HOW MUCH FAT I HAVE LOST AND HAS ONLY DONE ONE SET OF BLOOD AND A STOOL TEST !(?) Yesterday did it when he actually said: "I want to speak to your husband privately." (now I am a liar?) I can hardly wait until he does. Any ideas? Thanks all.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Kageygirl's response:
I'm sorry you're not happy with the new GP. It sounds like you need to find a doctor to address your issues. Perhaps call your insurance and ask for recommendations?

Haylen

feelT2 replied to Kageygirl's response:
Sorry,About whathas been happening to you.You must be really scared>I have to be blunt here!!Just spent 1/2 hr eplying to you & it all disappeared!SO I will just say that you sound like you have a( )TAPEWORM-----THE RIBBONS are pcs of it! 1 worm consists of many sections of live worm-ribbonShape- flat with the rice like pcs re the way they propagate-coming out the anus of animalseople...the rice...movesout(GETS LONGER & RETRACTS &GETS LONGER....till dries out & looks like rice.Try and get some of what you see when you void by putting a cheap large round bowl with newspaper or ?? and void in there so you can retrieve for you disbelieving GP CANNOT HE C THAT YOU HAVE LOST ALL THAT WEIGHT_SHOULD"NT PRACTICE!! tapeworms active at night--move around more-will pay attention to when you eat---I know you are freaking out blood systembut this is good news because it is easy to fix -ONE---1---Pill from the doctor --kills them-IT off----But THERE are other things that work from HealthFood store--I would use OREGANOL-TASTES like turpentine & burns the mouth but a must have for at home------TAKE 1-2 drops from dropper into your mouth -swish around till it coats inside of your mouth then swallow some water-I Know it burns-Repeat ?3XS/Day & NO!!more does not make it work faster!When use in mouth-it goes right into your blood system thru the membranes in your mouth---IF you try to put in glass of water(because burns)Then it has to contend with stomach acid.. SO JUST DROP INTO YOUR MOUTH!! Now Like I said ACTIVE at night--which means they probably do---the rice like pcs---come out of your anus--you could ask your husband to try and help you capture a picture--To help prove to your *^<@ GP Or ruin his rep later anyway they have a tendency to come out there to propagate and travel.these worms have been around for centuries.PL GET YOUR DOC TO GIVE YOU THE PILL<NOW BUT at least go get OREGANOL AT HEALTHFOOD STORE NOW WHILE YOU wait to C GP.HANG IN THERE!!!LET ME ME KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.

meliscious responded:
I hope you've found some answers since you posted but if not i hope i can help. I had a whole body rash about five years ago and a month later developed symptoms that my docs thought were first lupus, then fibromyalgia, and then was finally diagnosed with RA after a year but none of the treatments were effective or stopped flares and more and more joints were affected. I also lost about 120 pounds but in was already overweight so I could stand to lose a few. I came acrpss info on infectious arthritis caused by parasites and even though I had no proof I was infected with any my symptoms fit so I tried using food grade diatomaceous earth to clear them. its only the second day and dead pinworms and other microorganisms are in my feces and I had the same type of loose multicolored bowel movements as you intermittently for the last few years but the docs refused to test my stool because they said I didn't fit the profile of parasitic infection. I can feel the worms coming out of my joint capsules and after two days already have more energy than I've had in years. food grade diatomaceous earth can be added by the spoonful to other foods or drinks and it mechanically kills parasites and microorganisms by piercing their surface with the silica particles so they dehydrate and die off. it removes candida also. I ended up getting leaky gut from the prednisone and pain killers I was on and once your gut is breached anything in your digestive tract can enter the rest of your system. diatomaceous earth goes throughout your whole body and kills them anywhere that they are at even if your system is compromised from all the immune suppressing drugs they put us on. I started off with 1 teaspoon twice a day and started doing a tablespoon today because I was able to handle it. some get constipation because the silica dries you out a bit but I drink extra liquids to counteract it. parasites love dairy. I take the DE mixed into yogurt blended with milk to attract them. I sincerely hope this reaches you. I know how hopeless it can feel when the professionals tell you that they know what's wrong with you but the meds they give you are ineffective when you know it is something else.

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.