Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Health Insurance.
deborabradford posted:
I am sure enough confussed about health insurance. I just don't get it.
I bought a health plan where I work, only to find out that it's no good.
It turned out to be a 1000.00 dollar limited benifit policy. I had to go see a Dr, because I am having chest pains alot. There he tells me I have things wrong with my heart Major things. I had to have sugery and the health insurance won't pay. Now I stuck with a high hospital bill.And still have to have a life time of treatments for not just this but other major illnesses as well. I have contacted some health insurance companies trying to find coverage but to no avil they are either refusing to cover me or I even had one guy to be mean and make fun of me.
He was just down right rude. I have to keep going to the Dr's. and I have more than one. Because the conditions are all different and not related to each other. So they require different kinds of medicines and treatments.I can't afford to pay out of pocket it's just to high. Does anyone out there know of any help? I am desperate please answer. I am due to start another treamnent for 2 different types of Arthritis this month.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello deborabradford,

You are correct, insurance can be confusing. I am so sorry you have been struggling with your health and trying to find affordable care.

Does your employer offer any other group plans that you may be eligible for? Group insurance offers more coverage than individual insurance. And, click here for information to research free or affordable health care.

We also have a few communities you may be interested in looking into for more support and advice -
Heart Community
Osteoarthritis Community
Rheumatoid Community

I hope you are able to find answers, care and comfort soon,
Elizabeth

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.