Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lump in vagina area
jms070263 posted:
Recently a lump has developed in my vaginal area. I have had a cyst in the past which have bleed out and disappeared and this is how they started. I am not sexually active, am 49 and have had 4 surgeries in the last four years resulting in a complete removal of all reproductive parts. The last cyst that I had which started this way, burst after about 4 days and bled out sent me running to the doctors. She told me not to worry unless it happened more than three times in a year. I forgot the name she gave it. This is the second time since March 2012. I don't know what to do about them. Any suggestions.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Did your doctor not give you any information? My suggestions is to call your doctor's office and ask for the name of the condition so you can do some research.

We have an excellent expert in the Women's Health Community - once you get specifics, you can ask additional questions there.

Haylen

oldgypsy13 responded:
Did you have a vaginal culture taken? I had the same thing about 2 weeks ago and used cider vinegar to shrink the cyst.
It did shrink and bled a little, but still pain. Went to see the doc and I had a very bad yeast infection. I am also not sexually active and now I am taking antibiotics and vaginal cream, Terconazole.
It's getting better and I have a follow up next week.

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.