Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Head injury/trauma
An_246779 posted:
I was punched in the head several times and my head was also slammed repeatedly into the ground and other objects. I was being pulled around by my hair during most of the assault. My memories of exactly where I was hit and how hard are fuzzy. I think I may have been kicked in the head as well. Anyway, I was immediately struck with a headache, I think while I was still being attacked. Now it has been several hours. The headache has gradually gotten worse, and the side of my face is swollen on the left side. Near the top of my cheekbone and slightly below my temple it is very sore and tender and red spots have appeared. My head is very sensitive in this area, especially around the top of my temporal bone above my ear. Also my hearing in the left ear seems clogged, for lack of a better word. Various other places on my head are sore, but this area is the worst and of which I have the most concern.

Update: I noticed that I become lightheaded/dizzy when I stand up. Although this might be cause I'm dehydrated-- I haven't drank nearly enough today.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..If you need more details go ahead and ask, I'll be keeping an eye on this post.

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear Anon,

I am so sorry to read this. I hope you have called the police and reported this horrific crime that has happened to you.
If you did, did the paramedics examine you? Please get to the phone and call an ambulance, or get someone to take you to the ER. There is just no way anyone on the internet can help you diagnose this, or get you the help you really need. Please call now. Get to the hospital, it sounds like you should not drive yourself.
Again, I am so sorry this happened to you.
I did a quick search here for you on WebMD and found this:Head Injuries.
But I really urge you to see a doctor as soon as possible.
Good Luck and Good health,
Chrissy
WebMD Community Staff

shadowsmom42 responded:
Hi there. I am so sorry to hear this has happened to you. The only thing I can say is that you need medical attention as soon as possible. PLEASE, do that NOW if you haven't already.
You do not want to mess around with a head injury. Nobody here, or on the internet anywhere, can...or should try to....diagnose or even give suggestions when it comes to something as serious as a head trauma. From what you've described, this isn't just a little bump on the head, but instead is a head trauma.
Please, again, get some medical attention as soon as possible and do not drive yourself.
Take care of yourself........

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.