Skip to content
CHILDREN AND ANEURYSMS
Lizinjax posted:
AFTER REVIEWING ALL THE INFO IN THIS ARTICLE I BELIEVE I HAVE TO SHARE MY STORY.
I'M IN THE BEGINING STAGES OF STARTING A NON-PROFIT FUND RAISING ORGANIZATION.
IN 1993 MY SON, NICK, A VERY HEALTHY, BRIGHT AND SWEET GIVING BOY (8 1/2 YEARS OLD) HAD A HEADACHE ON 10/4/1993. I GAVE HIM SOME TYLENOL AND HE FELT MUCH BETTER AND DREW SOME WONDERFUL PICTURES. HE WENT TO BED AS ALWAYS; HE SHARED A ROOM WITH HIS YOUNGER BROTHER MIKE. THE NEXT MORNING HIS BROTHER MIKE, WHO WAS 6 AT THE TIME, WOKE ME UP AND TOLD ME HE COULDN'T WAKE UP NICK. MY NIGHTMARE AND HEARTBREAK BEGAN WHEN I FOUND HIM IN BED BUT IN A POSITION THAT LOOKED LIKE HE HAD TRIED TO GET UP AND THEN FELL BACK ON HIS BED. HE WAS COLD TO THE TOUCH AND NOT BREATHING. I CALLED 911 AND ATTEMPTED CPR. THE PARAMEDICS CAME AND SAID HE WAS DOWN APPROXIMATLY 2 HOURS. TO MAKE A LONG STORY AS SHORT AS POSSIBLE THEY DID AN AUTOPSY THAT DAY. I RECEIVED A CALL AT 3PM REGARDING THE CAUSE OF DEATH. IT WAS A BERRY ANEURYYSM. UNFORTUNATLY I RECEIVED AN EDUCATION REGARDING THAT TYPE OF ANEURYSM. FOR YEARS I WANTED TO FORM AN ORGANIZATION TO RAISE FUNDS NOT ONLY FOR RESEARCH, BUT PREVENTION AND EARLY DETECTION. IT'S VERY RARE FOR A CHILD TO DIE DUE TO AN ANEURYSM. SO DETECTION AND PREVENTION COULD HAVE SAVED HIS LIFE IF WE HAD ROUTINE MRI'S AT CHILDBIRTH, FOR EXAMPLE. IF I COULD HELP EVEN ONE OTHER CHILD AND THEIR PARENTS FROM THIS PAIN AND HEARTACHE I WOULD FEEL THE FIGHT IS WORTH IT

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear Lizinjax,

I am so sorry for your terrible loss and wish you and your family much healing as you work towards your goal.

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!