Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

An_246898 posted:
have a question. when i was about 3 years old my mom discovered a ball in my back around where my armpit is at, so she took me to the doctor & they discovered it was a tumor. luckily it wasn't a dangerous kind and were able to remove it. i am now 22 years old and my concern for now is that around my scar there is acne looking bumps around it, but they're not acne they have puss and sometimes a bit of blood, but its not nasty looking puss. i've tried popping them thinking that once i do they'll disappear but they just keep coming back. now my question is "is there any way i can get rid of them?" over the years i've became a bit insecure about it i won't wear shirts that will show it because i just get really insecure. i haven't gone to see a dermatologist because i know they are pretty pricey & i also have no insurance just in case i would be able to get covered. so any advice?
Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:

It really would be best to see a dermatologist. In the meantime, avoid popping them as doing so may be spreading an infection.

And click on the following for some ideas:

Cysts, Lumps, Bumps and Your Skin
steph_ortiz replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
thank you!
Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to steph_ortiz's response:
You're very welcome, Steph.

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.