Skip to content
scars
An_246898 posted:
have a question. when i was about 3 years old my mom discovered a ball in my back around where my armpit is at, so she took me to the doctor & they discovered it was a tumor. luckily it wasn't a dangerous kind and were able to remove it. i am now 22 years old and my concern for now is that around my scar there is acne looking bumps around it, but they're not acne they have puss and sometimes a bit of blood, but its not nasty looking puss. i've tried popping them thinking that once i do they'll disappear but they just keep coming back. now my question is "is there any way i can get rid of them?" over the years i've became a bit insecure about it i won't wear shirts that will show it because i just get really insecure. i haven't gone to see a dermatologist because i know they are pretty pricey & i also have no insurance just in case i would be able to get covered. so any advice?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello,

It really would be best to see a dermatologist. In the meantime, avoid popping them as doing so may be spreading an infection.

And click on the following for some ideas:

Cysts, Lumps, Bumps and Your Skin

steph_ortiz replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
thank you!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to steph_ortiz's response:
You're very welcome, Steph.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.