Skip to content
An_246898 posted:
have a question. when i was about 3 years old my mom discovered a ball in my back around where my armpit is at, so she took me to the doctor & they discovered it was a tumor. luckily it wasn't a dangerous kind and were able to remove it. i am now 22 years old and my concern for now is that around my scar there is acne looking bumps around it, but they're not acne they have puss and sometimes a bit of blood, but its not nasty looking puss. i've tried popping them thinking that once i do they'll disappear but they just keep coming back. now my question is "is there any way i can get rid of them?" over the years i've became a bit insecure about it i won't wear shirts that will show it because i just get really insecure. i haven't gone to see a dermatologist because i know they are pretty pricey & i also have no insurance just in case i would be able to get covered. so any advice?
Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:

It really would be best to see a dermatologist. In the meantime, avoid popping them as doing so may be spreading an infection.

And click on the following for some ideas:

Cysts, Lumps, Bumps and Your Skin
steph_ortiz replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
thank you!
Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to steph_ortiz's response:
You're very welcome, Steph.

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.