Skip to content
Dog not sleeping through the night.
Anon_147939 posted:
Help... I have a three year old Rott who in the last two weeks has been getting up between midnight and four am daily.. Heavy panting..with some whining.. The Vet says the dog is healthy and not over weight (99lbs) but out of the blue's its like taking care of a new born that wakes during the night. The air is on as its hot here in Nevada, the dog has water, and I have been taking him potty when he gets up..So any suggestions other then winter hitting?
Thank you!

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
This is a good question for our Pet Health Community . I betting you will find support there!
Good Luck and Good health,
Chrissy
WebMD Community Staff

Teresaanne19 responded:
I have a cat that used to want to play at 4 a.m. Someone suggested it might be the time the newspaper carrier walked by. In your case it could also be a neighbor walking by in the "cool" of the morning. Hope that helps.

feelT2 responded:
\maybe bad dreams!Or something in its bedding that eventually makes him uncomfortable---are you giving him any late night treats(sharing your snacks-while watching tv)=indigestion.

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.