Skip to content
That ear of mine.
Irelandmichael posted:
Hello, I'm new to webMD. I don't really like reading about things because I end up becoming a hypochondriac. Anyways. My question, hopefully to an ENT, is this;

What should I do about my ear?

I'm 21 years old, I have had many past bouts with excruciating ear infections that have kept me up for (one time, it was 39 hours without sleep) days with pain. I have used and tried everything known to man on my ear. Waxes oils salves candles pads devices and even went to an ENT in Boston, just to hear him say, "Your ear is infected and I can't see inside." The point I'm trying to get at is this, I went to that ENT to hopefully see why I haven't had hearing in my left ear for eight years. To this day I still do not, and my ear produces an odd viscous wax, that seems like an infection type wax, but isn't. I've had antibiotics, peroxide, nasal fixes and all. And honestly, I think that it's some solidified chunk that has been rooming with me for far too long.
Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and welcome!

You can certainly visit and ask our Ear, Nose & Throat Community here on WebMD.

I hope asking your question on there will help, but ultimately you need to follow up with a doctor. Might be time for a second opinion. Best of luck and health!
Good Luck and Good health,
WebMD Community Staff

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.