Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
MRI Muscle twitching and Feeling Warm
jjrice2011 posted:
I just got home from an MRI of my lower back and right hip. I have had numerous MRI's but only the last two have I experienced this. The one I had 2 months ago was of my abdomen. At certain tones, my muscles would start twitching to the sound of the MRI. I mentioned it to the tech and he said that was wierd and never heard of it before. My MRI's today I had the same thing. This was for my lumbar spine. I had muscle twitching in my arms and the sides of my ribs. I think they are called your lats. I would get the twitching with every sound of the MRI only at certain sounds. Then I got this very warm feeling in my abdomen like I had a heating pad on the inside of my abdomen. Then my lower back started aching something fierce. It was worse than the reason I was having this done. I mentioned it to the tech again and this time he said he has heard of this but it is very rare. He told me to mention it to my Dr. Not sure why this is happening all the sudden. I have had 12 MRI's previous to these latest two with no such symptoms. After reading all the other posts, I think some kind of study needs to happen before something severe happens to a patient.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Jjrice,

I encourage you to repost your message on our Pain Management Community . The members there may have some thoughts for you as many of them have had numerous MRIs too.

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.