Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
hives then passing out
Jairo80214 posted:
A year ago while I was running I started to break out in hives, I didn't think much of it, so I continued my run, but after awhile I started to break even more and my face started to swell up, a few hours later I felt light headed and passed out. The next day I got checked out by the Urgent care Dr and I was told it was lack of hydration. Just a week ago today, I was in the middle of my run and I felt the initial symptoms this time I stopped all together, about 4 hours later I felt lighted headed again as if i was going to pass out, I didn't pass out so I made it to the ER, when I got there I had a very low heart rate, Low 40's, at first I didn't think anything of it because I am an athlete and that is normal, but I still felt light headed so they admitted me to the hospital for further testing. MRI, bubble test, Chest X-Ray, even a halter monitor looking for an abnormal heart beat everything came out Negative but in the end the Dr said I needed a Pacemaker, one final test was done, The stress test on a Treadmill which I also passed. Just wanted to know if anyone has had these kind of symptoms after the hives.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Jairo,

I encourage you to repost your message on a few of our other boards for feedback. Your situation overlaps a few areas so try all three:

Heart Disease Community

Allergies Community

Fitness & Exercise Community

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources