Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
hives then passing out
Jairo80214 posted:
A year ago while I was running I started to break out in hives, I didn't think much of it, so I continued my run, but after awhile I started to break even more and my face started to swell up, a few hours later I felt light headed and passed out. The next day I got checked out by the Urgent care Dr and I was told it was lack of hydration. Just a week ago today, I was in the middle of my run and I felt the initial symptoms this time I stopped all together, about 4 hours later I felt lighted headed again as if i was going to pass out, I didn't pass out so I made it to the ER, when I got there I had a very low heart rate, Low 40's, at first I didn't think anything of it because I am an athlete and that is normal, but I still felt light headed so they admitted me to the hospital for further testing. MRI, bubble test, Chest X-Ray, even a halter monitor looking for an abnormal heart beat everything came out Negative but in the end the Dr said I needed a Pacemaker, one final test was done, The stress test on a Treadmill which I also passed. Just wanted to know if anyone has had these kind of symptoms after the hives.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Jairo,

I encourage you to repost your message on a few of our other boards for feedback. Your situation overlaps a few areas so try all three:

Heart Disease Community

Allergies Community

Fitness & Exercise Community

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.