Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
newborn baby + heat
bisnar6665 posted:
I am a single father who has primary custody of a 6 year old. We live in Irvine, California. My ex has an 11 day old baby as well as 2 others under 5 and is scheduled to pick up our daughter from her after-school program at 2:15pm this Friday. She lives in Lake Elsinore, California. She says that she cannot do so because her vehicle does not have air conditioning and the heat would put her other children in danger.

Weather forecasts predict that it will be 86 degrees (highest) in Lake Elsinore and 81 degrees (highest) in Irvine on Friday. It takes between an hour and 1 1/2 hours to drive from Lake Elsinore to Irvine.

Will it put her children in harm's way to drive here and back if she were to leave Lake Elsinore at 1:00pm? What temperature is too high? What can she do to make the ride more comfortable for her children?

Please provide sources for your answers. Thank you so much.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello Bisnar,

I encourage you to repost your message to our Parenting Community . They should be able to address your specific questions.

bisnar6665 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks for the great advice. Should have just gone to Avvo in the first place.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.