Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
NEW WebMD Answers!
Olivia_WebMD_Staff posted:
Hi wonderful community members!

We're happy to announce the launch of a new tool here at WebMD that we think our members will enjoy -- WebMD Answers .

While community is a place to get to know your fellow members and experts on a deep and supportive level, sometimes folks just want to ask a question and receive an answer. That's what WebMD Answers is all about.

Do you have friends that you've tried to get to join you here in community, but they feel they don't have the time to spend? Maybe Answers is a tool they can use for quick access.

Anyone can ask a question, and anyone can answer a question. Experts, partner organizations, staff and moderators will also be responding to some questions.

We invite you all to go in and check it out today. If you have any questions about this new tool, post them here and we'll try to help you out.

The WebMD Community Staff

GGrandmaJan responded:
Can we post questions anonymously or does it automatically use our username????

Thanks.

For some reason WebMD boards are working again for me. I did not to anything to my computer. I do believe it was some of you ads on the web-site was causing problems. I am so thankful to be able to post again.

Thanks for all the hard work you all do on here.
Hugs
Jan

Anon_161541 responded:
Hi docs!

I'm a 21 year old female who has been diagnosed with abnormal cells on the cervix and because of that I now have HPV. When doing the colposcopy, the doctor said I have the cervix of a 16 year old. She said I'm producing more mucus than normal. What does that mean for me? Could that be the reason I am having yellowish/greenish discharge? I don't have any signs of a yeast or bacterial infection and I've been tested for STI's Chlamydia and Gonorrhea, both negative. Does this mean that my m?llarian ducts did/are not working properly?

Hopefully this is sufficient information!

Thanks

mumzy responded:
I have a 16 year old daughter who is having problems eating. She begins to feel nauseous when she eats and often times will either have difficulty swallowing and occasional reflux even at the beginning of a meal. I was expecting reflux to present itself after having consumed a large quantity of food. She is at the point where she is having trouble getting anything down. Would this be classified as having GERD and if so, what should she do or look for in the way of food.

bj1208 replied to mumzy's response:
Hi mumzy -

I'm not a professional physician but I do have some of those problems (i'm 51).

I would suggest that you take her to see her physician. They will examine her and order tests - maybe to be seen by a Gastrointestinal Physician for further testing.If they do refer her to one they may do a scope down the throat and maybe stomach to see what is going on. They give a slight medication to put you under and then the scope can take from 15-30 minutes. then they wake you up, get the results and any treatments they may offer. it's really a more simple test.

She is very young to be having these problems. Is she a nervous teenager? Hope and pray you find out what is causing it. let us know what you find out.

bj1208 replied to Anon_161541's response:
Hi Anon_161541

Have you asked these questions to your OBGYN? I would think that he/she would be more inclined to answer these based on your medical history etc.,

I'm not a professional physician but thought I would respond and ask. Hope and pray you can find the answers.

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.