Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
A question I need answered
missem posted:
So I am 20 years old to start and a month ago I got drunk and had sex with the boyfriend on the last day of my period. the issue is I am not sure if i took my tampon out. I checked the next mourning in a bit of a panic but I am not very familiar with my inside.

When I lube my hand up I can reach just pass a small hardish flap of skin wish an opening at the bottom and still i fill nothing. Also I had a ob gyn visit a week ago.

So Here what I am asking is One what is that flap of skin and could the tampon have gone past it? (me and the bf use sex toys that are a little big in size so please don't judge) Could my doctor have missed a tampon when she did my pap smear I had been to ashamed to say anything, she was not the best doctor and rather then making me comfortable during my first pelvic she lectured me for 5 minutes on the fact i have a smoke once or twice a month. But she did do the full exam.

Also I have had no symptoms, no pain no fever. Though i did have a discharge for a week after but i did use a lube to reach up there and I sometimes have a bad reaction to lubes.

I don't have anyone I trust to ask about this so please a little help.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Missem -

I am sorry to hear this has been concerning you. I wanted to pass along these resources to help understand your anatomy.

Your Guide to the Female Reproductive System
Human Anatomy - The Vagina
Oh No, Where Did It Go? When Things Get "Lost" in the Vagina

We also have a great Women's Health Community for any other health concerns you may have.

Hope this is helpful and please let us know if you have additional questions.

Take Care,
Elizabeth

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.