Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

oxygen levels in apnea
    sindysue posted:
    does sleep apnea and 98% to 100% oxygen saturation go together?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Mild apnea is defined as 5 to 15 episodes of apnea or reduced airflow to the lungs every hour with 86% or more oxygen saturation in the blood. Symptoms may include drowsiness or falling asleep during activities that do not require much attention, such as watching television or reading. These symptoms may cause only minor problems at work or while spending time with friends or family. You can read more here: Severity of Sleep Apnea

If you are concerned about sleep apena, I encourage you to make an appointment with your doctor to discuss. We also have an excellent Sleep Disorders Community where you can connect with others to ask questions, find resources or get support.

sindysue replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
    dont have any symtoms of sleep apnea my dr wants a sleep study i dont know if i need one i have a mild case of pulmonary hypertension

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to sindysue's response:
    You might want to ask about apnea and pulmonary hypertension in our excellent Heart Disease Community . Our expert, Dr. Beckerman, is excellent and addresses heart related issues:

Click the link below then use the orange "Post Now" button:

WebMD Heart Disease Community

Haylen

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.