Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Strange symptom of Fibromyalgia
looking4relief posted:
Has anyone noticed extreme cold as one of the symptoms of fibro? I know of an individual that is always freezing. Is this part of fibro? I have it myself and I'm never quite as cold as she is. She stays covered from head to toe.

4myk9z responded:
Hi Looking4relief:

Uhm, has she been checked for endocrine issues? Heat/cold intolerance is a HUGE red flag for thyroid issues and her doc should have picked up on that promptly and done a panel to rule that out first. Is she really underweight? Had her vitamin levels check, blood counts checked? When you are an unfortunately lumped into the "chronic pain" or "chronic illness" heading, docs become complacent about throwing any and every symptom that you have under that and don't bother to work up anything new that comes up.... at least that seems to be the way things are rolling in my world. And I'm not a bit happy about it and am VERY aware of it since I'm a Masters Level Physician Assistant. Please have her find someone who will work this up for her PROPERLY with labs to see what is out of whack. Good luck and Godspeed.

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.