Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Strange symptom of Fibromyalgia
    looking4relief posted:
    Has anyone noticed extreme cold as one of the symptoms of fibro? I know of an individual that is always freezing. Is this part of fibro? I have it myself and I'm never quite as cold as she is. She stays covered from head to toe.

4myk9z responded:
    Hi Looking4relief:

Uhm, has she been checked for endocrine issues? Heat/cold intolerance is a HUGE red flag for thyroid issues and her doc should have picked up on that promptly and done a panel to rule that out first. Is she really underweight? Had her vitamin levels check, blood counts checked? When you are an unfortunately lumped into the "chronic pain" or "chronic illness" heading, docs become complacent about throwing any and every symptom that you have under that and don't bother to work up anything new that comes up.... at least that seems to be the way things are rolling in my world. And I'm not a bit happy about it and am VERY aware of it since I'm a Masters Level Physician Assistant. Please have her find someone who will work this up for her PROPERLY with labs to see what is out of whack. Good luck and Godspeed.

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.