Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Broken tib/fib recovery issues
An_248806 posted:
1 year post op surgery repairing broken tib/fib. Surgery was postponed 5 wks while financing was approved. Problems walking, small pins visable/painful, knee buckles. It doesn't seem normal, small pins are sensitive, painful and very odd looking (even from a distance), I have deep knee pain even though I take cortizone shots and pain meds, walk only short distances on smooth level surface if possible to prevent trips and near falls and it is still VERY sensitive with numbness around incision area. I don't know if any or all of this is normal with this recovery or if I should have another Dr look at it juhttps://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4431943330987&set=pb.1661273620.-2207520000.1351915489&type=3&theater st in case.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon -

I am so sorry to hear about what your have been going through.

Have you followed up with the surgeon who performed the surgery? Did you have physical therapy after the surgery?

It never hurts to get a second (and sometimes third) opinion when experiencing problems or when you have questions.

This information, Tibia and Fibula Fracture , from our sister site Medscape may be helpful.

Check back in to let us know what you find out and how you are doing,
Elizabeth

tlynn0314 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Yes I have kept every follow up appt and was in INTENSE PT 3 times a wk for 5 months. I call my Ortho's office last wk and mentioned the word second opinion so they scheduled me to come in.....when I got there they refused to see me until "insurance issues" are resolved. My mother has several friends who happen to be General Practice or Pediatricians and they gave her almost word for word advice on what to say when she calls Monday and according to them I will get someone to listen. Also under attorney advice I'm going to a dif bone Dr in a dif city to have it checked. Thanks.

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.