Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Jammed knee
    An_248829 posted:
    I was getting out of the bed of a low pickup and when I landed my left knee gave out from underneath me in extreme pain. After a few minutes I was able to get up and walk. It hurts when I put a lot of pressure on it and I can not bend it past sitting position. I have iced and elevated it. Occasionally while moving i get sharp pains all through the leg. Any other advice?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi Anon -

OUCH! That sounds painful! Here is some home treatment/first aid information: Knee Injury Treatment

Note the suggestion that you should make an appointment with a doctor if you still have pain after two weeks of home treatment , if the knee becomes warm, or if you have fever along with a painful, swollen knee.

I see that you also posted in our Sports Medicine Community as well. Our fabulous expert, who is the chief of physical therapy at Harvard University , addresses questions there once a week so keep an eye out for her suggestions.

Keep icing and elevating and I hope you're pain free soon!

Haylen

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.