Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Jammed knee
An_248829 posted:
I was getting out of the bed of a low pickup and when I landed my left knee gave out from underneath me in extreme pain. After a few minutes I was able to get up and walk. It hurts when I put a lot of pressure on it and I can not bend it past sitting position. I have iced and elevated it. Occasionally while moving i get sharp pains all through the leg. Any other advice?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon -

OUCH! That sounds painful! Here is some home treatment/first aid information: Knee Injury Treatment

Note the suggestion that you should make an appointment with a doctor if you still have pain after two weeks of home treatment , if the knee becomes warm, or if you have fever along with a painful, swollen knee.

I see that you also posted in our Sports Medicine Community as well. Our fabulous expert, who is the chief of physical therapy at Harvard University , addresses questions there once a week so keep an eye out for her suggestions.

Keep icing and elevating and I hope you're pain free soon!

Haylen

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.