Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    GI problems
    mumzy posted:
    I have a 16 year old daughter who is having problems eating. She begins to feel nauseous when she eats and often times will either have difficulty swallowing and occasional reflux even at the beginning of a meal. I was expecting reflux to present itself after having consumed a large quantity of food. She is at the point where she is having trouble getting anything down. Would this be classified as having GERD and if so, what should she do or look for in the way of food.
    Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi and welcome

    I'm sorry to hear you daughter is having such problems. The best action to take right now would be to get her to the doctors.
    You can check here for some info
    Heartburn/GERD Health Center .

    We also have a Digestive Disorders Community here on WebMD, please feel free to ask your question there and find support as well, but ultimately you need to get her checked out by the doctor.

    I hope that helps.
    Good Luck and Good health,
    WebMD Community Staff

    Helpful Tips

    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Be the first to post a Resource!

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.